0-050 While many white pines (Pinus strobus), native to northern Illinois, were planted in 1862 and later during the early days of the cemetery, this younger one has a plumed appearance unlike any other. It is a landmark tree for the Garden of the Cross area. We have not been able to trace its origin, but we are attempting to propagate it.
39.821571 N, 89.658951 W
Get walking directions here!